18 replies to this topic

#1 H13rarchy

H13rarchy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself. Name's Steven, in my mid 20`s and owner of a 2012 Mustang GT 6spd. Only mods at the moment are JLT cai, Bama 93 race tune, and SLP axlebacks. Plan on doing a little more but nothing too crazy since it is my daily driver and I plan on trading up in a few years. I've taken several auto classes and even worked as a mechanic for awhile. Now I'm a systems analyst for a major high end clothing and retail company, not sure how that happened. I'm from mesquite but moved around a lot growing up and just recently moved back to the dfw area. Seems like I'm rambling a bit now so I'll shut up. It's nice to meet everyone and hope see y'all at the meet-up/dyno day.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6SPD

Performance Mods: JLT C.A.I., SLP Muffler Deletes, Bama 93 Octane Race Tune

Exterior Mods: Taillight Blackout Panels, Fog Light Deletes

#2 David

David

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

Hey Steven,

Welcome abroad! So any exterior mods or are they all power related? What do you plan to upgrade to?

And yeah, the meet should be fun.

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
Mods: BullyDog GT Tuner, Nismo Catback Exhaust, RacingLine Y-Pipe, Stillen Underdrive Pulley, AEM CAI, RacingLine Front/Rear Endlinks + Strut Bar, Stillen Rear Sway Bar + Body Kit and Orange/White Interior LED's.

Quote of the day: "i like sport car fast but i have none don't know howto drive"

#3 Sampak

Sampak

FreeBay Booster

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

Welcome! I have a friend at work who drives a modded 6spd 2012 GT 5.0 as well. A bit funny, he admits, being probably the 1 of 2 Asians driving 5.0's in DFW haha, and coming from imports (350z) but he swears it's overall more fun due to the insane power (plusit sounds awesome). Sadly he'll be out of town for the meet, or we'd get a good comparison of both your cars.

Anyway if you think you're good at rambling, you haven't seen anything yet.

See you Saturday!

Oh, and post up some pics mang!

2009 Altima Coupe 3.5SE - Borla exhaust, Racingline Y-pipe. R.I.P.

1998 Lexus GS400 - Megan EZ Street coilovers, Dual mufflers deleted - Rumbling in style

6cfdf6fb-1e81-48d0-a764-fdba018277ef_zps

#4 H13rarchy

H13rarchy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Hello David,

Only exterior mods are taillight black out panels and I replaced the fog lights with plasti dipped gutter guard to allow a "ram air" like feature. Next mod will be lower control arms to reduce wheel hop and help put more power to the ground. I'd love some newer widers wheels but can't justify it for a vehicle I know I'll be trading in. I'm definitely more of a performance over looks person though. There is a ton of exterior mods I'd like to do but would rather spend the money making it faster first. Any bets on who will put down the most power this weekend?

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6SPD

#5 David

David

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Oh, no idea at the moment. Since it is a Mustang Dyno it might break some hearts, haha.

The shop owner mentioned to me a few guys are coming he knows. I think they have an RX8 and 240 but could be mistaken.

Mods: BullyDog GT Tuner, Nismo Catback Exhaust, RacingLine Y-Pipe, Stillen Underdrive Pulley, AEM CAI, RacingLine Front/Rear Endlinks + Strut Bar, Stillen Rear Sway Bar + Body Kit and Orange/White Interior LED's.

Quote of the day: "i like sport car fast but i have none don't know howto drive"

#6 H13rarchy

H13rarchy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

Welcome! I have a friend at work who drives a modded 6spd 2012 GT 5.0 as well. A bit funny, he admits, being probably the 1 of 2 Asians driving 5.0's in DFW haha, and coming from imports (350z) but he swears it's overall more fun due to the insane power (plusit sounds awesome). Sadly he'll be out of town for the meet, or we'd get a good comparison of both your cars.

Anyway if you think you're good at rambling, you haven't seen anything yet.

See you Saturday!

Oh, and post up some pics mang!

Thanks Sampak!

Too bad he won't be there! I joined the dfw5.0's forum but have yet to get involved. When I was shopping for a car I knew it had to be one of the new 5.0`s hard to argue with a v8 with vtec essentially. I used to be big into imports but the torque and sound of v8`s is too addictive. Not sure if I'll ever buy anything else! See ya Saturday

Oh, no idea at the moment. Since it is a Mustang Dyno it might break some hearts, haha.

The shop owner mentioned to me a few guys are coming he knows. I think they have an RX8 and 240 but could be mistaken.

Yeah I'm trying to keep my expectations low. No hero numbers this weekend for sure! Sounds like there will be a decent mix of cars, hopefully. Can't wait to see how everyone does.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6SPD

#7 Sampak

Sampak

FreeBay Booster

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Yup I agree, as much as I enjoyed my '09 Altima Coupe 3.5, the 4.0 V8 in my Lexus is just more beefy, plus I get 2 more doors, for the same performance essentially. ;)

1998 Lexus GS400 - Megan EZ Street coilovers, Dual mufflers deleted - Rumbling in style

#8 H13rarchy

H13rarchy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

Do have any mods done to the Lexus?

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6SPD

#9 Sampak

Sampak

FreeBay Booster

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Do have any mods done to the Lexus?

Not myself, but the previous owner appears to have deleted the rear 2 mufflers, Megan EZ street coilovers (was slammed w/ 19s, I raised it up to where it is with factory 17s), and LED inner tail lights, dark tint all around and dark parking lights on the front there.

#10 H13rarchy

H13rarchy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Bet it sounds pretty good! My axle backs are muffler deletes. Can't help but set off car alarms. It's so loud but I love it!

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6SPD

#11 Sampak

Sampak

FreeBay Booster

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hah yup, it's pretty unusual for a Lexus to sound that way to most people, especially one that's 16 years old as it goes off from a light. ;) It's not super aggressive or loud but I'm thinking of changing that up just a bit, and maybe get rid of some drone inside. Definitely fun to putt around with on a daily drive.

#12 H13rarchy

H13rarchy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

Yeah the only thing that sucks is the drone. I've been playing with idea of installing an off-road mid pipe since it's cheap hp just don't know if I could stand it being any louder.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6SPD

#13 H13rarchy

H13rarchy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:43 AM

Hey Steven,

Welcome abroad! So any exterior mods or are they all power related? What do you plan to upgrade to?

And yeah, the meet should be fun.

David,

Just realized I didn't answer your second question. I definitely have a soft spot for mustangs so it'll probably be a '16 or '17 mustang preferably an svt variant like GT350, GT500, Boss, Cobra, Mach1, or whatever they come out with.

That said I really wish Ford would make a direct competitor to the corvette performance and price wise. So when the time comes to trade up I might go for a c7 stingray, a z/28 if they make more than just one run of them, or used gtr or jaguar f-type. All just depends on what's out there.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6SPD

#14 David

David

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

Yeah, I'm not completely sold on the new Mustang design, I haven't seen it in person so I'm reserving my final judgement until then.

As for the Stringray, that is one sick ride I will say and it's actually pretty affordable considering the looks and power you get.

The GTR is my dream car but I just can't justify dropping 6 figures on it, especially since it doesn't have a true shifter. :)

#15 H13rarchy

H13rarchy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

I love the new mustangs except for the back end. I will say in person it definitely looks better and has a nice stance. The aftermarket is going to have a ball making exterior parts.

I have a friend in Longview, TX that owns a stingray. It's gorgeous. She also just added a procharger to it, because 460hp just wasn't enough. I'm a little pissed Chevy just jacked up the prices simply because they felt like it...

Like I said when the time comes we'll see what's out there. I'd prefer either a high revving or forced induction v8. And I feel your pain about thd gtr. It might be old school but rowing the gears yourself just feels right.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6SPD

#16 David

David

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

We fixed the Dyno! lol :\

#17 H13rarchy

H13rarchy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

Damn! How did everybody do? I think my first run said 414hp and 375tq and then 210hp if that afterwards...

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6SPD

#18 David

David

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Well, the guy with the 2010 Mustang GT showed up not too long after you left, so did the 240 guy and a random guy with a Tundra but none waited long enough so it was me and only 3 others that got on the dyno, I put down what I had been before, only 1hp more, lol. I'm hoping I can do a continuation in the next month or so and have everyone back out.

#19 H13rarchy

H13rarchy

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

Alright man awesome! Keep in touch.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6SPD

0 user(s) are reading this topic