Update My Car Mod Page

Sampak's Content

There have been 12 items by Sampak (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#384 And now, Introducing...

Posted by Sampak on 08 October 2014 - 03:18 PM in Newbies

Hey Kevin, you should come to the car meet we have going on in Lewisville, November 8th! Did you know about it yet?

#383 DFW Carmod.net Meetup & Dyno Day - Part III @ PRT Performance

Posted by Sampak on 08 October 2014 - 03:14 PM in Texas

Can't wait to see what my brother's Trans Am puts down now. Last time it was around 297whp mostly bone stock. This time with headers and a dumped exhaust with no tune, we're expecting some loss on the low end and better power up high. This will make for a good baseline to compare how a tune will help (when he gets that done), and what an untuned 'bolt on' setup can do going up from a stock setup.

Oh and be sure to have some ear protection -- that car gets pretty loud!

P.s. time to update your signature/car specs. ;)

#381 Nitrogen Anyone

Posted by Sampak on 29 July 2014 - 08:45 PM in General Discussion

At my dealership we put nitrogen in the tires of all of our cars. I can't say anything with regards to seepage, but I have noticed that nitrogen does result in a lot less "low tire" warnings once cold weather hits.

Ditto at Don Davis Nissan -- when I bought my '09 coupe they mentioned nitrogen in the tires. Something about being lighter and overall better. I still got a TPMS warning light once or twice when the weather changed over night but nothing repetitive. First and last car with TMPS + Nitrogen that I'm aware of, so I can't say if it was better or not in any aspect.

#380 And now, Introducing...

Posted by Sampak on 29 July 2014 - 08:40 PM in Newbies

Welcome! I used to have a Nissan a year ago. Drove nothing but Nissans since '01 unti lthen (if you don't count my Neon which was my first and last foray into domestics).

BTW did David mention he prefers techs tighten his oil pan bolt with air tools? If you want to stay in his good graces and all...

#365 DFW Carmod.net Meetup & Dyno Day @ PRT Performance

Posted by Sampak on 27 April 2014 - 01:08 PM in Texas

Sampak, I'm on my phone and can't see images. What were the numbers?!?!

Hey man, sorry I came in much later in the afternoon so couldn't meet up. But yah my car put down 239hp/237tq. Torque's lower by ~15 ft-lbs than I thought, but might have been due to needing to start the pulls at over 4k RPM to avoid autotragic downshift.

Must say it was way better than I expected from my old car + Mustang's notorius reputation with lower figures haha.

#363 DFW Carmod.net Meetup & Dyno Day @ PRT Performance

Posted by Sampak on 27 April 2014 - 09:39 AM in Texas

Well, here is my dyno result!

#351 New here and to forums in general

Posted by Sampak on 24 April 2014 - 11:49 AM in Newbies

Hah yup, it's pretty unusual for a Lexus to sound that way to most people, especially one that's 16 years old as it goes off from a light. ;) It's not super aggressive or loud but I'm thinking of changing that up just a bit, and maybe get rid of some drone inside. Definitely fun to putt around with on a daily drive.

#348 New here and to forums in general

Posted by Sampak on 24 April 2014 - 11:41 AM in Newbies

Do have any mods done to the Lexus?

Not myself, but the previous owner appears to have deleted the rear 2 mufflers, Megan EZ street coilovers (was slammed w/ 19s, I raised it up to where it is with factory 17s), and LED inner tail lights, dark tint all around and dark parking lights on the front there.

#346 New here and to forums in general

Posted by Sampak on 24 April 2014 - 11:25 AM in Newbies

Yup I agree, as much as I enjoyed my '09 Altima Coupe 3.5, the 4.0 V8 in my Lexus is just more beefy, plus I get 2 more doors, for the same performance essentially. ;)

#342 New here and to forums in general

Posted by Sampak on 24 April 2014 - 10:45 AM in Newbies

Welcome! I have a friend at work who drives a modded 6spd 2012 GT 5.0 as well. A bit funny, he admits, being probably the 1 of 2 Asians driving 5.0's in DFW haha, and coming from imports (350z) but he swears it's overall more fun due to the insane power (plusit sounds awesome). Sadly he'll be out of town for the meet, or we'd get a good comparison of both your cars.

Anyway if you think you're good at rambling, you haven't seen anything yet.

See you Saturday!

Oh, and post up some pics mang!

#337 Altima Coupe 3.5 Near Stock vs Modded Comparison (race)

Posted by Sampak on 22 April 2014 - 04:27 PM in Import Cars

Haha, wow old post!

I DID get the y-pipe shortly after, but even with an ebay exhaust (not the dual fart cannons, but the single in, dual out) AND RL Ypipe, I went up against an all stock '09 3.5 CVT coupe (like mine) and we were almost even up till 80 mph, after which it SEEMED like I pulled ahead just slowly.

Moral of the story - my car sounded awesome, but was maybe .05 seconds quicker than stock. ;)

His turbo Altima coupe though...even with 3 adults seated that thing hauls...

#332 DFW Carmod.net Meetup & Dyno Day @ PRT Performance

Posted by Sampak on 14 April 2014 - 09:54 PM in Texas

I'll be there, most likely. ;) (98 lexus gs400)