Update My Car Mod Page
Photo

2018 Ford Mustang

Mustang American Muscle Overnight from Canada POWAAAAAAAA!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aGo

aGo

Fresh Meat

• Gear Heads
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

Has anyone seen the pricing on the new 2018 Mustangs?

http://shop.ford.com...-bbatt#/select/

I can't believe a V8 starts at $35,095. With just a few options, It is over $45,000. Just Wow! But they do offer magnetic ride control, that is a plus. I just can't believe how much these vehicles are now, and when it comes to Mustangs, I don't want anything but a V8. I do wonder how these things handle now.

I had a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 when it came out (I bought it in 2010), and I thought it handled way better than my old 2002 GT, and of course, it had way more power. I sold it after 3 years due to transmission issues. The MT-82 inside of it was not the best, but they have had 7 years to refine it. I may try to drive one and review it, just because I am really having a hard time seeing how this vehicle costs so much now. To me, $40k-$50k is not affordable performance. The base model EcoBoost starts out at $25k without options, and I know some people will say that the GT is an upscale model, but with Mustangs, since 93, the Cobra has been the top of the line model. I can somewhat look at the new GT and see that "hey you can get 90% of the Shelby GT 350 performance for $20k less (I say this due to dealer markup)," but $50k is just not affordable to me.

#2 MomAintCool

MomAintCool

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

Totally agree. But then again, I thought $8200 was a steep price to drive my brand new '82 GT 5.0 off the showroom floor. (Yet a bargain compared to the $12500 the Pontiac dealer wanted for the Firebird Formula. So I went for the Mustang and never looked back!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users